10 Questions with Bianca Teixeira
By Good Read Magazine Editors
Our latest '10 Questions' are answered by the inimitable Bianca Teixeira, who you may remember from the magazine’s very first issue. She travels all over the world as a writer for S/ Magazine and is the Assistant Digital Editor to Sharp Magazine. Here, she can usually be found answering other people’s questions on He Said She Said. So instead, we’re getting her to answer a few questions about herself.
1. What do you think about when you’re alone in your car/shower?
BT: How I would respond in conversations that will absolutely never occur in my life. But just know, if I'm ever awarded a Grammy over Beyonce, I have the perfect "I do not accept" speech prepared.
2. What were you like in high school?
BT: Always trying to perfect my sarcasm.
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why?
BT: My mini poodle because he's treated like he's descended from royalty. He's got the best life of anyone I know.
4. What was the last gift you gave someone?
BT: A bluetooth speaker that works in the shower. Luckily, it went to my partner, so I get to use it all the time.
5. What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?
BT: The Handmaid's Tale. I recently read the book for the first time (we didn't cover it in high school) and wanted to see if the show deserved all the hype. It does.
6. What should everyone try at least once in her life?
BT: Owning a dog.
7. What is on your bucket list?
BT: Owning a farm with an endless stream of dogs running out of my front door.
8. What are the last three items on your credit card statement?
BT: The safe bet is: shoes, shoes, shoes.
9. Who are your heroes?
BT: My mom, Margaret Atwood, Scarlett O'Hara
10. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
BT: I have an obsession with English royalty, most especially King Henry VIII and all his wives. I read any and every book about him and them.